India One Solar Thermal Power Plant
Unique R&D Features:
- Indigenously developed paraboloid concentrators with static focus.
- Continuous direct super-heated steam generation.
- Cost-effective and reliable thermal energy storage mechanism for 24 hours of operation.
- In-house developed robust, simple process control mechanism.
- Network-enabled precise dual-axis tracking mechanism.
- Easy operation/maintenance, readily available indigenous spares.
- Reliability in long term operations.
- Easy to replicate systems to higher capacities.
- Creation of local employment & capacity building.
The Main Specifications:
- 1 MW peak electrical output continuously for 24 hours
- 770 no’s of 60 sqm paraboloid, static focus reflectors
- Automatic network-enabled dual-axis tracking mechanism
- 770 no’s of static cast iron cavity receivers for 16 hrs thermal storage
- Direct superheated steam generation
- @ 1 lakh kWhrs of thermal energy storage
- 35 acres of land used for the installation of the plant.
Technology Suitable for India:
- Relatively simple modular design.
- Indigenous manufacturing.
- Major components available locally.
- Cost-effective technology.
- Easy operation/ maintenance by means of readily available spares.
- Easy to replicate, decentralized fabrication process to create local employment.
- Easy and reliable storage options.
- Reliable in long term operations.